Help your community: volunteer opportunities at LCHS

Volunteer opportunities abound at your local animal shelter. We would love to have you join our team and participate in the rehabilitation progress of assisting all our animals to be placed in their forever home. Find out more about how you can help here. >>

 

A new look. A new website.

The Lewis and Clark Humane Society is proud to bring you an all-new, up-to-date website to keep the greater Helena community informed on all the exciting changes happening with your local animal shelter.

Explore our new site. We have lots of resources to help pet owners, people thinking about adopting a dog or cat from the shelter, a calendar to keep you informed on community events, news about our ambitious campaign to build a new animal shelter, and information on how you can help us meet the needs of our community's stray, abandoned and unwanted animals.

Over the past three years, it has returned on average 47% of the dogs to their owners. Of the remaining number, 82% of the dogs were adopted and 18% had to be euthanized. For cats, 5% were returned to owners. 49% of the remaining cats were adopted and 51% had to be euthanized.

We hope you'll visit this site often, and find it to be a valuable resource to educate our public and enhance our community.

 


rambo

Meet Rambo! He’s two years old and dashingly handsome with a bomb proof personality!
LEARN MORE >>

Strutt Your Mutt

Get Ready to Strutt! Saturday, September 27, 2014. Pioneer Park in Downtown Helena.
Details here >>

Amazon Smile

Sign up to support the Lewis & Clark Humane Society when you shop at Amazon! Just click here to select LCHS as your preferred "smile."

gavel

OPERATION MALAMUTE UPDATE: Mike Chilinski found guilty on 91 counts of animal cruelty.
Read more >>

Wishlist

In a giving mood today? Check out our Wishlist page for a list of the "little things" that really benefit the animals at the shelter. Wishlist >>

Support Spay Montana by
participating in Bissell's
Partner for Pets!
Learn more >>

Bissell


Science Diet logo